Re: ociclean

     I think your answer is on target. This book is about vintage items,
probably from 1880s up, and useful to quilters, collector and those who buy for
resale, particularly the shabby chic of the 40s-50s. I have not read the book
so I don't know what all the author has washed in this solution but I don't
believe fabrics are of historical delicacy and value.
      I would think, like you, if it's for posterity and an heirloom, use Orvus
and SP; if it's to be used and appearance is essential, then go with something
more stringent. I was hoping someone on the list knew the contents of oxiclean.
Somewhere I briefly read, think it was Consumers Report, a report on oxygen
cleaners warning that they were not all they claimed to be. Unfortunately
didn't take time to read it thoroughly and can't find the magazine. As usual,
you provide a common sense approach and solution.