Gilded textiles

Dear sirs,

I am actually making a little research in Universidad Politecnica of
Valencia, for which I would be grateful for any information that you could bring me
about gilded textiles (gold applied in leaves or even painted):

Antique pieces where you found It, technique or materials used to
gild, problems of conservation... or even artists who gild textiles
actually for their pieces. Anything would be helpful for my work.

Thank you in advance and best regards.

Maria Ascensión Asensi Piñero
e-mail: maaspi @ doctor. upv.es
Valencia - Spain