Re: skylights

I am not up to date on the latest development of Mylar barriers for UV
light, but you should also be aware that light damage to textiles is a
combination of duration, intensisy and exposure to UV.  Just cutting out
the UV when the intensity of the exposure is several thousand lux will
not be enough to safeguard the textiles.  Whoever is in ultimate charge
of the long term preservation of the textiles should be aware of this.
The Museum standard for the display of textiles is 50 lux or 5 foot
candles.

Gail Niinimaa, Textile Conservator, Calgary, Alberta