Making Accession Labels

I would appreciate your input regarding the procedures you use to ink
accession numbers onto twill tape/fabric. I have come across the mention
of first spraying the tape/fabric with Krylon 1303 acrylic resin spray,
allowing it to dry, ink on the numbers using indelible ink and then
spraying again with the Krylon. I have also come across using Pigma ink
pens inked on without the use of the Krylon before and after. I will be
happy, of course, to compile the answers received if there is interest.
Thanks for your help.
Margaret (Meg) Geiss-Mooney
Textile/Costume Conservator
mgmooney@xxxxxxxx