Re: lamps

Hello texcons readers,
Here's my thoughts on magnifier lamps- I've used them, but sometimes find
that I struggle with working distance (mine always get a nose print on the
magnifier!) and with moving them.  The "cheaper" ones (mine was $165 from a
drafting/office store) have problems with the articulation and occasional
flopping of the magnifier.  My solution was to buy a pair of magnifying
glasses-   an Eschenbach Optics Main frame and 2.25x lens (they also have
interchangeable lenses with other magnifications).  They are very lightweight
and comfortable, with a thin metal frame.  I'm able to use them with my
contacts or glasses without distortions, and now with the magnification at my
eyes, use any suitable light source, such as a Burton lamp, etc.

The supplier I used was A.R. Hinkel Company, 87707-D Lindley Avenue #195,
Northridge, CA 91325 phone 818-775-2942.  They wer nice and efficient, and
total cost was $77.

Nancy Pollak