If you need assistance, please e-mail Gina.Robson@xxxxxxxxx

Thanks,
Ann

>>> padg 07/06/09 11:14 >>>

The ALCTS PARS Digital Conversion Interest Group invites you to attend:

Federal Agencies Digitization Guidelines Initiative Update

WHEN:  Saturday, July 11, 2009
TIME:  1:30-3:00 pm
LOCATION:  Palmer House, Crystal Room

Speaker:  Carl Fleischhauer, Program Officer, National Digital
Information Infrastructure and Preservation Program (NDIIPP), Library of
Congress

The Federal Agencies Digitization Guidelines Initiative is a
collaborative effort by federal agencies to define common guidelines,
methods, and practices to digitize historical content in a sustainable
manner.  The initiative was launched in 2007 with the formation of the
Federal Agencies Still Image Digitization Working Group, who concentrate
their efforts on image content such as books, manuscripts, maps, and
photographic prints and negatives.  In 2008, the Federal Agencies
Audio-Visual Working Group was formed with a focus on sound, video, and
motion picture film.  See http://www.digitizationguidelines.gov/ for
more information.

Posted on behalf of Digital Conversion IG co-chairs, Janet Ahrberg
(Oklahoma State University Library) and Preston Cabe (Safe Sound
Archive).

Stephanie Lamson
Asst. Preservation Librarian
University of Washington Libraries