[padg] Retirement of Robert Schnare

Colleagues: I wanted to let you know that after a career of 41 years in
federal service that I am retiring on July 3rd.  I have worked at the
Connecticut State Library, was the Head of Special Collections at the US
Military Academy and am retiring as Professor/Library Director of the Naval
War College.

My ties to Preservation go back to the 1980's and George Cunha early
seminars.  I was a delegate to the White House Conference in 1991 and with
help made the Preservation Resolution #6 out of over 90. I did the
Bibliography column in CAN, (Conservation Administration News) for many
years. I authored the Bibliography of Preservation Literature 1983-1996,
Scarecrow Press, 2001 with my late colleagues Susan Swartzburg and George
Cunha. I also published the Disaster Preparedness Workbook for Navy
Libraries and Archives in 1998 and a revised edition entitled Disaster
Preparedness Workbook for Cultural Institutions Within the Military, 2009.
This will be released before I retire.  I have been active with NEDCC, ALA,
FLICC/FEDLINK Preservation Working Groups and Rhode Island Disaster Planning
and others.

I want to thank all my colleagues for all the support and the relationships
we have developed over the years.  Keep up the fight to make Preservation a
priority.

Bob

Robert E. Schnare
Library Director