[padg] FW: [alctsleaders] Re: Volunteers for a cataloging Panel

Any catalogers amongst the presevation folks?  Please note.
bobbie

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Walker [mailto:chw16@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2009 1:55 PM
To: alctsleaders@xxxxxxx
Cc: crs-catst@xxxxxxx
Subject: [alctsleaders] Re: Volunteers for a cataloging Panel

Colleagues,

Like the co-chairs of PARS IG,
we are trying to complete a panel for Chicago Annual.

ALCTS CRS Continuing Resources Cataloging Committee is hosting a forum
Monday July 13 1:30-3:00 in room W-474  at McCormick Place West.

We are planning a panel on article-level cataloging, which we hope
will be of interest to the wider cataloging community,
not just to serials catalogers.

One of our invited speakers has developed a scheduling conflict,
which leaves us short for a speaker who could talk for just a
short (20 minutes) while about why, in general, the industry is looking at
article-level access to resources. We have speakers lined up
from OCLC, to talk about what kinds of records they are
seeing show up in their database, and a working cataloger who
writes article-level records. We need a sort of broad-picture
person to set the scene for them. Someone from library
management, or someone from the indexing and abstracting community,
perhaps.

To borrow from Karen and Adrienne's wording,

' If you are yourself a brilliant match, or know of someone else who is,
and are also planning to attend in Chicago, please, please, please,
send me an email' at chw16@xxxxxxx and volunteer to speak,
or advise us of someone who might be appropriate.

Your help will be appreciated!

Christopher Walker
Chair, CRS CRCC

Christopher H. Walker