[padg] ALCTS/PARS Committee Appointments Effective July 15, 2009

Dear PADG: The ALCTS/PARS Committee appointments effective July 15, 2009 are complete – thank you to EVERYONE who has volunteered to serve!

To view the list please sign on to ALA Connect (http://connect.ala.org). If you haven’t already signed on now is the time (instructions are below). ALA membership is required for access, and ALCTS membership is required for the ALCTS community.

Once you are logged on, click on the My ALA Groups tab and select ALCTS PARS for the Post, titled the same as the subject line of this email, then click on the attachment (Word file). There is also a comment with additional information about using Connect lifted from an April email from Charles Wilt.

If there are any questions regarding the list of appointments contact me directly or comment to the posting. If you are having problems with Connect please contact ALA Member and Customer Service at 1 800 545 2433.

Best, Karen E.K. Brown

University at Albany, SUNY

Christine Squires Taylor sent a message to the members of ALCTS Members.

Subject: ALA Connect: Exciting Stuff!

Hi ALCTS members,

There hasn't been a lot of fanfare, but the new ALA online communities environment officially opened today. A press release, an American Libraries article, and other information will be coming to you through official channels, but I thought users might want to know right away.

Access ALA Connect at http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://connect.ala.org. Your login for the ALA website is your login for ALA Connect. If you can't remember your login info or are having trouble, please contact ALA Member and Customer Service (MACS) at 1-800-545-2433.

Anyone can create a public account, but ALA membership is required for full functionality of the main ALA community. ALCTS membership is required for the ALCTS community. If you're a committee member, you have access to your committee's communities right now. There's NO registration or validation process. You have access to the committee's space because of your committee membership.

Once you're logged in, click the My ALA Groups tab, select your committee, and you're in. To learn more about Connect, see About ALA Connect (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://connect.ala.org/about) and the AC FAQs (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://connect.ala.org/taxonomy/term/9297). There's a community for getting help with ALA Connect and there's a growing cache of documentation, even short how-to videos have been prepared.