Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 2:08 PM
Subject: [padg] Preservation video

Hello all,

In honor of National Library Week, the Washington Research Libraries Consortium (WRLC) decided to hold a Preservation Awareness Day on April 15th in order to lighten the sometimes heavy pressure of tax day.  George Mason University Libraries created an exhibit named Prolonging our Treasures through Preservation in addition to a short video titled FUNdamentals of Book Care in 5 Easy Lessons.  Below please find the YouTube link for our light hearted contribution to preservation awareness and the proper (and improper) steps in book care.  I hope you enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/GMUArchives

All the best,
Lene Palmer
Lene Palmer
Collection Development and Preservation Librarian
Fenwick Library 2FL
George Mason University
4400 University Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030