[padg] FW: PVLR: ALA Midwinter Forum in Denver

of possible interest.

Bobbie

From: Ann-Marie Breaux [mailto:ABreaux@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 12:10 PM
To: alctsleaders@xxxxxxx
Subject: [alctsleaders] PVLR: ALA Midwinter Forum in Denver

[Please forward to your groups as appropriate and excuse the cross-posting]

The ALCTS PVLR (Patron-Vendor-Library Relations Interest Group) presents:

Who’s at the Wheel?: What We’ve Learned about Patron-driven Collection Development

Patron-driven selection is no longer an experiment.  It’s become an important part of the collection development programs at many academic libraries, for print and electronic resources both.  It’s a component of the business strategy of some vendors.  And it’s a development that publishers should know more about.

What have we learned, and what are we still learning?  How did we get here, and where are we going?  Please join our panelists as they briefly describe their own experience and points-of-view on patron-driven selection, then engage in a discussion with one another and with our audience on this new turn for collection development.

Monday, January 26, 2009, Denver Convention Center Room 301

Our moderator will be Steven Bosch, Technical Services Team, University of Arizona.

Our panelists are:

Jim Dooley, Head, Collection Services, University of California, Merced

Rick Lugg, Partner, R2 Consulting

Kari Paulson, President, eBook Library

Lynn Wiley, Acquisitions Librarian, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign

PVLR is an interest group that highlights current issues of interest to publishers, vendors, and libraries. In addition to hosting a forum at each ALA, PVLR also holds a planning meeting, at which we work on programs for future ALAs. The Midwinter planning meeting will be Saturday January 24, 4-5:30 pm in the Denver Convention Center Room 501.

We hope to see you there!

Ann-Marie Breaux

Chair, PVLR

Ann-Marie Breaux
Vice President, Academic Service Integration
YBP Library Services

phone/fax: (678) 445-5720   vmail: (800) 258-3774 x3504
e-mail: abreaux@xxxxxxx

GA address: 131 Dockside Downs Drive, Woodstock, GA  30189
NH address: 999 Maple Street, Contoocook, NH  03229