[padg] FW: ALCTS CCS Copy Cataloging Interest Group in Denver

Title: ALCTS CCS Copy Cataloging Interest Group in Denver

of possible interest.

Bobbie

From: Dickerson, Eugene H [mailto:DickersonEH@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 12:26 PM
To: alctsleaders@xxxxxxx
Subject: [alctsleaders] ALCTS CCS Copy Cataloging Interest Group in Denver

[Please forward to your groups as appropriate and excuse the cross-posting]

Copy Cataloging Interest Group ALA Midwinter Meeting, Jan. 24, 2009

We'd like to announce that the Copy Cataloging Interest Group will meet in Denver, on Saturday, Jan. 24, 10:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m., Colorado Convention Center, Room 703.

Joseph Kiegel, Head, Monographic Services, University of Washington will talk about the library's experience with WorldCat local and the impact on Copy Cataloging; and: Sara Shatford Layne from UCLA will speak about the plans that are underway for the UC system and what impact WorldCat local might have on copy cataloging for them. Judith Anne Mansfield of the Library of Congress, Chief, U.S./Anglo Division, Acquisitions and Bibliographic Access Directorate, will discuss copy cataloging at LC and the recent reorganization at LC.

Eugene  H. Dickerson, Chair

Lead Librarian for Cataloging

Ralph J. Bunche Library

U.S. Department of State

Tatiana Barr, vice-Chair

Catalog Librarian/Team Leader

Copy Cataloging Team

Sterling Memorial Library

Yale University

Eugene Dickerson

Lead Librarian for Cataloging

Ralph J. Bunche Library

U.S. Dept. of State

Tel: 202-647-2191

Fax: 202-647-0203

dickersoneh@xxxxxxxxx

Our mission is to meet the information needs of our customers and the United States Government

---UNCLASSIFIED---

This message is UNCLASSIFIED based on the definitions in E.O. 12958.