[padg] RE: Two off-site storage questions

We are using data loggers at various levels within our off-site facility, constructed on the Harvard Model.  I can have Carl Stewart contact you off list if you want exact locations.  Some are HOBO Pro’s.  He is checking the data every two months on the HOBO’s.

Early indications are a layering of environmental conditions:  good conditions at lower shelves, warmer and more unstable near the upper shelves.  We have also placed a PEM2 near a film collection of considerable value.  We were concerned about this more vulnerable media.  Our data (taken since May) was recently processed through WebERA, and the conditions there near the film are “good” according to the IPI preservation metrics.  We will continue monitoring for one full year to  get a more accurate picture of the conditions year-round.

Patricia Morris

Faculty Director, Pres. Dept.

Univ. Libraries

Univ. of Colorado at Boulder