From: Paula De Stefano [mailto:pd3@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2008 9:18 AM
To: PADG
Subject: [padg] Two off-site storage questions

Hi all,

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has intake policy or procedures for materials entering their library’s offsite storage facility that protect against contaminates, such as mold and insects, being introduced into the facility, or any policies regarding cleanliness of materials.

Also, I’m interested in what type of environmental monitoring people are using. Dataloggers? If so, what type, what strategy was used to place them and how often are they checked? Are you satisfied with them?

Thank you!

Paula

Paula De Stefano (destefano@xxxxxxx)

Head, Preservation Department