[padg] Need a Preservation Professional? No Problem!

******* Please excuse the cross posting but I would like this advertised to small institutions and public libraries as much as possible, so also please pass along. Thank you so much and we will see you in Anaheim.**********

The Preservation in Small to Mid-sized Libraries Discussion Group understands that many of you have preservation responsibilities with a minimum amount of training and limited resources. Wouldn’t it be great if there was someone to contact when you had a question or needed some additional training? State and regional providers are great resources for advice, training, and disaster support. Learn what services are available in your area.

This informative discussion group will feature a panel of representatives from seven major preservation providers: Amigos Library Services (Amigos), Midwest Art Conservation Center (MACC), North Carolina Preservation Consortium (NCPC), Northeast Document Conservation Center (NEDCC), Southeastern Library Network (SOLINET), California Preservation Program (CPP), and Western States and Territories Preservation Assistance Service (WESTPAS). The representatives will each provide a 10 minute overview of their services and then answer your questions. Our goal is to provide you with a real person you can contact after the conference is over, so you can form a working relationship that enables you to provide better quality preservation at your institution. Co-chairs Rachel Hoff rhoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx & Scott Reinke scott.reinke@xxxxxxxx

Date - 06/29/2008 Sunday
Time - 01:30 pm - 03:30 pm
Hotel - Disney's Paradise Pier
Room - Pacific B