[padg] stained pages

Hello All,

A colleague from Technical Services just brought me a new book which appears to have blood stains across two pages.  My suggestion was that she contact the publisher and have them replace the volume, but she has asked that I also look into how we might remove this without damaging the volume.  I've never dealt with anything like this before, so I turn to your expertise.  Have any of you ever removed blood from paper before, and, if so, how was this done?

Thank you,

Jessica Phillips

Preservation Librarian

University of North Texas