[padg] alternatives to commercial binding

Friends,
Thank you to those of you who responded to my earlier request for Preservation department mission statements!

Now I'd appreciate your input on another topic:
We have materials in our collection that we do not bind (due to a limited retention period or other reasons).  Some of these items still need support, protection, or "gathering" (items with multiple pieces or supplemental materials) during their time in our library.  What alternatives to commercial binding have you considered or put into practice?  For example, boxing and other temporary enclosures, shrink wrapping, non-archival/office supply solutions.....

Reply to AMWillerALA@xxxxxxxxxx  I'll summarize for the list if there is interest.

Thanks!
Ann Marie

Ann Marie Willer