[padg] Music CD Marking Procedures

I am trying to change the music CD label and barcode procedures at Southern Illinois University.    We have 4 main types of CD cases – CD jewel case with booklet, CD jewel case without booklet, custom made portfolio cases, and custom made boxes; all are labeled in different ways.  I would like to have fairly consistent procedures that can work with all 4 types.  I am hoping that others can share their labeling procedures with me.  I searched online and found a couple of examples but would like more.  I am interested in the placement of the barcode (front, back, inside jewel case, or as we currently do it -- on the booklet) and the location of “# of items” labels.  We are concerned about placing the labels in the right location so that it prompts the student or staff checking them in or out to actually look at the items to make sure they are all there.  But I recognize it’s not just a labeling issue, it’s a training issue as well.

Thanks!

Julie

Julie Mosbo

Preservation Librarian