[padg] CCAHA Tour During ALA

On Friday, January 11 at 3 pm, the staff of the Conservation Center for Art and Historic Artifacts (CCAHA) will be pleased to offer tours of our lab space to attendees at the ALA Mid-Winter Meeting.

We are located at 264 S. 23rd Street (23rd between Locust and Spruce), which is only a short taxi ride from the Convention Center.  We can also be reached via SEPTA, Philadelphia’s mass transit system.

CCAHA is a non-profit regional conservation laboratory serving other non-profit cultural, education and research institutions, as well as private individuals and organizations throughout the United States.  Founded in 1977, CCAHA specializes in the treatment of works of art and historic artifacts on paper, such as prints, maps, posters, historic wallpaper, photographs, rare books, scrapbooks, and manuscripts, as well as parchment and papyrus.  CCAHA also offers on-site consultation services, educational programs, and seminars, emergency assistance, and internships and fellowships.

If you are able to visit us for a tour please RSVP Kelly Ferguson, at kferguson@xxxxxxxxx or to me at lhortzstanton@xxxxxxxxx.  Kelly and I can also be reached via phone at 215-545-0613 and would be happy to provide directions to CCAHA.

Safe travels to Philadelphia and I look forward to meeting many of you at the meeting.

Best Regards,

Laura

Laura Hortz Stanton

Director of Preservation Services

Conservation Center for Art and Historic Artifacts

264 S. 23rd St.

Philadelphia, PA 19103

Phone: 215-545-0613

Fax:   215-735-9313