[padg] Safe Sound Archive tours

George Blood Audio/Safe Sound Archive will host tours of its media reformatting facilities, from noon until 5 PM on Friday, January 11. Safe Sound is located in the Chestnut Hill neighborhood of Philadelphia, several miles from the center of the city. We will schedule bus transportation from the Convention Center to Chestnut Hill, with hourly departures. Departure location will be announced closer to the convention.

Please assist us in our planning to ensure adequate number of buses of the appropriate size, at the right time. We’d appreciate an indication of interest in taking the tour, as well as of the hour at which you would come. Thanks!

Reply to: carlamontori@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you will not arrive in Philadelphia by Friday afternoon and are interested in a tour, please let me know and I will make arrangements for a private tour during the course of the conference.

Chestnut Hill is an interesting neighborhood of shops, restaurants, and older buildings that well rewards a little exploration. If you decide to spend some time in the area after your tour, there is a commuter rail station one block from Safe Sound. It returns 2 blocks from the Convention Center. We’d be happy to provide information.

See you soon!

Carla Q. Montori
Preservation Administrator
Safe Sound Archive