[padg] Preserving dissertations

I have a meeting next week to discuss our electronic dissertations practice (of not maintaining dissertation hardcopy backups).
KU accepts e-dissertations only and maintains no hardcopy or film backups.  The e-dissertations are submitted to ProQuest.

I've been asked to poll other libraries to learn if other institutions maintain hardcopy backups of their dissertations.

1)    Do students at your university submit electronic dissertations?

2)    Do students submit hardcopy dissertations to be added to the library/university archive collections?

3)    If you answer "no" to #2,  briefly describe if/how you preserve dissertations to guarantee long term access?

4)    Comments?

5)    May I share information from your response (including institution name)?

I'd appreciate as many responses as possible (on or off list).

I'll compile and share whatever information I gather.

Thanks,
Tyra Grant
Head, Preservation Department
University of Kansas Libraries