Re: [padg] Conservation review policy prior to exhibition

I will be away from the National Archives through August 15.  I will not
have access to email during this period.

Ann Seibert, Asst. Director, Preservation Programs, will be Acting
Director, Preservation Programs.  Please contact her at 301-837-1567 or
ann.seibert@xxxxxxxx

If there is a records emergency, please contact NARA security at
301-837-2900.  Security will contact the Records Emergency (Beeper)
Response Team.

-
Doris A. Hamburg
Director, Preservation Programs
National Archives and Records Administration
8601 Adelphi Road
College Park, Maryland 20740
telephone 301-837-1785
cell 240-338-9121
fax 301-837-3701

>>> padg 08/15/07 09:00 >>>

I am reviewing the process of our internal exhibition procedures and
will
appreciate any input. My focus is on materials being exhibited in-house
only, not loan materials. Specifically, does your institution have a
formal
policy in place for reviewing materials prior to exhibition to determine
items in need of conservation treatments? If so, who does the reviewing?
How
much time before the opening of the exhibit are materials reviewed?

Please feel free to contact me off-line. Thanks in advance! kate

Kate Contakos

Preservation Librarian

Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library

Yale University

121 Wall Street

New Haven, CT 06520-8240

p:203.436.2554 f:203.432.4047