[padg] Conservation review policy prior to exhibition

I am reviewing the process of our internal exhibition procedures and will appreciate any input. My focus is on materials being exhibited in-house only, not loan materials. Specifically, does your institution have a formal policy in place for reviewing materials prior to exhibition to determine items in need of conservation treatments? If so, who does the reviewing? How much time before the opening of the exhibit are materials reviewed?

Please feel free to contact me off-line. Thanks in advance! kate

Kate Contakos

Preservation Librarian

Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library

Yale University

121 Wall Street

New Haven, CT 06520-8240

p:203.436.2554 f:203.432.4047