Re: [padg] Disposable Dust cloths

It seems to me that any cloth that comes with a scent would be
treated with chemicals that may leave a residue, and we wouldn't recommend it.
Michele Brown

At 09:37 AM 6/7/2007, you wrote:

Dear PADG: Our Circ departments are discouraged with using cleaning cloths because they need to be washed/reused. They would prefer a disposable product. They use the cloths on both shelves and books. Has anyone used this Pledge Grab-it product, below, or something similar? What are your thoughts on this as an alternative to cloths such as One Wipe or DustBunny? Off the cuff, it would seem easier and more sanitary. I appreciate your ideas on this. Thanks and best, Karen Brown/University at Albany Libraries

Grab-It (tm) Dry Pledge Grab-it (tm) Dry Cloths Great for use on floors and hand dusting furniture & electronics! With a patented "grab and hold" technology, Pledge Grab-it (tm) Dry Cloths trap dust and dirt without leaving any residue. When you're finished, just throw the cloth away! Pledge Grab-it (tm) Dry Cloths use deep pockets to trap dirt, dust, and hair so you can clean faster, better, and easier. Available unscented or in Orange Citrus scent.

Michele Brown Book Conservator Department of Preservation and Collection Maintenance B-31 Olin Library Cornell University Ithaca, NY 14853 (607) 255-2484 http://www.library.cornell.edu/preservation/operations/bookconservation.html