From: Watson, Joseph [mailto:jwatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 2:04 PM
To: padg@xxxxxxx
Subject: [padg] materials handling "commercial" available

Good day,

I'm pleased to announce the availability of a "commercial" encouraging the careful handling of library materials in circulating collections.   It can be viewed and/or downloaded at the link below.  If you have problems with the streaming version, just save the downloadable version to your desktop and play it from there.

http://www.middlebury.edu/academics/lis/about/library_info/departments/collection_management_division/bindery/materials_handling_commercial.htm

The target audience is librarians teaching information literacy classes to first-year college students, but it may be generally useful in other settings.  Please share it widely, and please let me know if/how it gets used.

Thanks,
Joseph

www

Joseph F.  Watson

Preservation & Processing Manager, LIS Facilities Coordinator

Library & Information Services

Middlebury College

(802)-443-5487

www

"The glory lies in doing well what you're doing."   Robert Frost