[PADG:1364] space planning

Hello,
I know a lot of folks are busy with ALA at the moment but am putting this out anyway. We in the Yale Preservation Dept would like to do some serious space planning for the whole department. My thought is to have someone come in and take a look at the spaces we have, talk with staff about their jobs and how our operations work, and come up with a plan on how to better utilize are spaces--this can be a full or partial shuffling of who occupies what spaces, some renovation, and/or re-org within each space. The options are open.

Has anyone ever had an outside consultant do this? Have you had your institutions architects and planners do this? I'm interested in hearing how preservation folks have handled this. This is not designing a new facility per se but making use of what we have in a better way.

Feel free to respond to the list or to me individually.

Thanks.

Bobbie Pilette Preservation Department Yale University Library 130 Wall Street PO Box 208240 New Haven, CT 06520-8240

phone: 203-432-1714
email: roberta.pilette@xxxxxxxx