[PADG:1235] Seeking quotation

We're preparing a permanent single-case exhibit about preservation for our special collections library lobby.  This exhibit case will feature a permanent backdrop with sufficient foreground space in the case (it's 43"x43"x12") for changeable displays.  We'd like a quotation relating to preservation included as part of the permanent backdrop---something profound and affecting of course and no more than one or two paragraphs.  We're looking for one great quotation and would welcome hearing your favorites.
Thanks,
Tyra Grant
Head, Preservation Department
University of Kansas Libraries