[PADG:1115] Announcement -- Collections Conservator at UAlbany Libraries

Title: Message
Dear Colleagues: I am pleased to announce that Kathleen (Katie) Mullen has been hired to be the new Collections Conservator for the University Libraries, University at Albany, starting August 24, 2006. Ms. Mullen will be completing her MSIS this summer from the U of Texas, Austin, with an Endorsement of Specialization in Book and Paper Conservation. As part of that program she has been a Conservation Intern with the NY Historical Society. She has developed book repair skills in both this position and in a previous internship with the Architecture and Planning Library at UT. In both positions she worked with items from the circulating as well as special collections, and has developed an excellent portfolio displaying her skills, and knowledge of conservation.

Please welcome, and allow me to congratulate Katie Mullen on her successful job search! We look forward to having her!

All the best,

Karen E.K. Brown
Preservation Librarian
University at Albany LE 310