[PADG:1020] Voyager and "At Bindery" Status

Hello,

Here at Illinois State University, we use the "At Bindery" status in Voyager
when things are routed to our Conservation or Binding Prep units.  I'm not
finding this satisfactory for a couple of reasons.  First, there's no way
good, quick, easy way to tell what's in conservation, what's in bindery prep
and what's actually out at the bindery.  Second, the message displayed in
the OPAC is "At Bindery - MM/DD/YY" with the date being the day the status
was put on the item, which seems to make some patrons think that's when the
item was due back from the bindery.  Third, we get overdue notices when
things have had an "At Bindery" status for a set period of time--it's not
easy to tell which items are in Conservation in the midst of a complicated
treatment, and which were lost en route to the bindery.  I could go on, but
I won't bore you late on a Friday afternoon.  Does anyone else who uses
Voyager have a different procedure for letting staff and patrons know where
items are when they are routed to your preservation department or units
within your department?

Thanks,

Victoria

Victoria Heiduschke