[PADG:1005] contract technician position -- University of Maryland

The University of Maryland Libraries are recruiting for a full time Preservation Technician, at the level of Library Technician I, for a contract (contingent I) position in the Conservation Lab within the Preservation Department.

*Library Technician I, Full-Time
*****
This position is within the Preservation program with responsibilities in both the Conservation and Bindery, End Processing Teams. Reports to the Bindery, End Processing Team Leader and Collections Conservator. Spends ½ time or 20 hours per week assisting in technical and clerical support for the physical preparation of library materials going to the shelf and to the commercial bindery. The other ½ time , under direction of Collections Conservator, undertakes simple to complex conservation treatments, and carries out repairs related to special projects and in-house (minor and intermediate level) treatments.

QUALIFICATIONS: Desirable: Experience related to the primary duties of the position or other relevant library work and High School Diploma or GED.

To apply, contact Lupe Fernandes at gfernan1@xxxxxxx or (301) 405-9249. For full consideration, apply by June 5, 2006. Applications accepted until position is filled.

Yvonne Carignan
Head of Preservation
University of Maryland McKeldin Library