[PADG:977] Thermal printers and software

We are in the process of upgrading our thermal printer, a SATO 8400 purchased in 1994. Information Systems asked me to explore software and other thermal printers because of compatibility issues with the SATO. I've searched the archives and found nothing current on this topic. I'd like to hear from anyone currently using a thermal printer to produce call number labels to know what kind of software is used with it and what level of production you are getting. I really like the quality of thermal printed labels and would like to continue using them. Thanks,
Patricia

--
Patricia Palmer Selinger
Head, Preservation Department