From: owner-padg@xxxxxxx [mailto:owner-padg@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Eyler,
Carol
Sent: Saturday, April 22, 2006 5:52 PM
To: padg@xxxxxxx
Subject: [PADG:967] Re: vendors converting microfilm to digital

Carleton used ColorMax in Paynesville, MN to digitize (with OCR) our
student newspaper.  Most of the work was done from hard-copy, but some
from
microfilm.  We are very happy with the quality of the work.  They are a
small company, but seem to know what they are doing.

<http://www.colormax.com/>

~Carol
Carol E. Eyler                                 ceyler@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Head of Technical Services
Carleton College Library                507-646-4268 voice
One North College St.                    507 646-4087 fax
Northfield, MN 55057

--On Friday, April 21, 2006 9:44 PM -0500 "Fox, Lisa"
<lisa.fox@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> The State Archives is seeking to identify companies that provide
> high-quality conversion of microfilm (mostly 35mm) to digital files. I
am
> aware that OCLC/Preservation Resources provides this service. Would
you
> all be willing to tell me what other companies provide this service?
And