[PADG:960] Garbage cans

All,

We are within three months of opening our newly renovated Humanities Library. I was just asked to give feedback on the number, size (20 gallon? 40 gallon?)  and type of garbage cans this facility will require.  As we will be having a honest to goodness Starbucks on the first floor, I am especially interested in knowing if cans with lids and/or liners that can help contain liquids are helpful.

Anything that you can point me to in the Literature, or anecdotal evidence from your facility that you can share with me, would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Cathy

Cathleen L. Martyniak
Head, Preservation Department