[PADG:830] Exhibition Loan Agreements

Dear Collegues,

I am researching the concept of exhibition loan
agreements.  We do not currently have anything of the
sort here at Northwestern yet we loan many items a
year for outside exhibitions.  A search of the PADG
archives did not bring up anything.  So, I have a few
questions

1.  How extensive is your loan agreement policy?
        By this I mean, do you include set fees for
lending, set fees for any conservation or prep work,
do you have a policy on prep work, do you require a
site description with environmental conditions, do you
have set timelines for requests, what do you do about
photographs and credits for catalogues and labels...

2.  If you have a policy and form in place, would you
please share it with me?

3.  How rigidly do you follow your policy?

4.  I have my own views, but what is your opinion on
the importance of having a loan agreement policy
(regardless of the size of institution)?

At this point, I am just going for the overall/general
view of things.

Thank you for your assistance!

Donia Conn

Donia Conn