[PADG:828] Cochineal Newsletter

Title: Cochineal Newsletter
Dear Colleagues:

It was wonderful to see you all in San Antonio last weekend!

Please find below a message from Kilgarlin Center conservator student, Erin Hammeke, the 2005 Editor of the Center's Cochineal,  a forum for student work.  We hope you enjoy the first Cochineal Newsletter (link below)!

All best wishes,

Ellen
Ellen Cunningham-Kruppa
Director
The Kilgarlin Center for Preservation of the Cultural Record
School of Information
The University of Texas at Austin

Hello All,

The 2005 Cochineal Newsletter is here!  Take a look at the 3 papers selected by
the students as the "Best of 2005", and read interviews from current students
and alumni.  Thanks again to all of you that voted and submitted articles for
the issue.  The newsletter can be accessed at:
http://www.ischool.utexas.edu/~cochinea/newsletter05.html

The Cochineal continues to grow and change.  This year we modified the site
content and added 9 new papers to the repository.  Soon we will begin archiving
the student papers in the iSchool Institutional repository so that they can be
better preserved.  In the next year we hope to archive more student work from
previous classes so that a larger body of work can be made accessible to
current students.

There is still a lot of work to be done, and I hope that one or two students
will take an interest in keeping The Cochineal going by serving as editor(s)
for next year.  Please let me know if you have any questions about this
appointment.  Thanks, and enjoy the Newsletter!

Erin
2005 Editor, The Cochineal

Erin Hammeke
Candidate, MSIS and Certification of Advance Study
Book and Paper Conservation
Kilgarlin Center for Preservation of the Cultural Record
School of Information, University of Texas at Austin
ehammeke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.ischool.utexas.edu/~ehammeke