[PADG:821] ALA Midwinter - ALCTS-PARS PQTDG

RE:    PARS-ALCTS Physical Quality and Treatment Discussion Group (PQTDG)
          Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 10:30-12:00
          Convention Center Room 217 B

Please join us as we continue our discussion on selection criteria for conservation treatment workflows:
- how has the criteria changed in the age of digitization?
- have changes affected/altered actual treatments?
- is there greater need for interaction with other departments within libraries?

Marek Kornilowicz, Head of HD (Harvard Depository) Transfer for Widener Library, Harvard University, will be in attendance to offer insight into the depository transfer process.

In addition, please come to offer your thoughts and suggestions for a topic at ALA Annual in New Orleans, June 2006.
Suggestions already received are:
- digital projects - selection, preparation, continuation, etc.
- newspaper treatment workflows
- impact of digital projects on daily workflows
- surveys/statistics for types of treatments [in the digital age]
- commercial binding programs

We hope to see you in San Antonio!

Jay Hurd and Oliver Cutshaw

Jay Hurd