[PADG:696] Campus mail book loan service

I have learned our library is starting a Campus Loan Delivery service.  Collections will be requested by patrons (only faculty and staff at the point, but we will probably be expanding), and delivered to their office on campus via campus mail.

I'd appreciate hearing of any other libraries providing such a service. What steps are you taking to protect collections and facilitate safe care & handling for items that will travel through campus mail?

Thanks,
Tyra Grant
Head, Preservation Department
University of Kansas Libraries