[PADG:637] CD security

Dear Colleagues,
At Cornell we have a CD/DVD collection that circulates. We have successfully been using tattle tape.  It does not (or very rarely, almost negligibly) affect the performance of the CDs/DVDs/CD-ROMs. Second, the brand and type of tattle-tape depends on the brand/type of security gates the respective library is using. For instance, we are using the 3M DCD-2 brand that overlays the whole surface of the disc (with  the few double-sided DVDs this obviously doesn't work, so we keep these behind the circulation desk). There is also a type of tattle-tape that covers only the inside ring of the disc (very convenient), however our security gate cannot intercept it, so it is non-applicable for us.

Best,
Barbara

Barbara B. Eden
Director