[PADG:623] Re: ILLiad stickers -- input from PADG

Karen,
  We use bands at Yale for ILL books.  Regarding how other libraries treat our books.  I checked with our head of ILL and she said that most places are using bands.  We occasionally get a book with a sticker which we need to remove.  The only time these stickers come off with little or no damage is on buckram.  Since the possibility of loaning a book that is buckram bound is pretty random we do have problems.  The head of ILL is amazed by the attitude of those libraries using the stickers--they don't understand what the big deal is.

  Is there anyway to make the bands mandatory?  Just a thought.
Bobbie