[PADG:618] Cafes in Libraries

Folks,
Picking up on the direction set by Jeanne and Wes, I'd add that in the two
libraries for which I've overseen condition surveys, food shows up only as
a small problem. We all recognize it's unclear whether the damage occurs in
the library or at home, and whether for in-house damage, responsibility
lies with staff eating/drinking at their desks, or patrons. Until I have
further proof that it's more than a housekeeping problem, I have been
unwilling to make it an issue here, despite the urging of some staff.
Regards,
Winston

Winston Atkins
Preservation Department