[PADG:411] barcode labels

My institution is re-opening bids for barcodes labels.  The last
time this was done was 1994.  I know technology has changed a
great deal since then. Is there any standards I can look at?
Some questions we have are: Should the label be laminated or
not? and Is "photographic reproductions" preferred over
"laser printed"?   As a side note, we are putting the
barcodes on the outside back cover of items.

Also, what types of products are you using for call number
labels? and Do you use "label protectors"?

Thanks for any help.
Kathryn
Preservation Team Facilitator

Kathryn Talbot