[PADG:361] Teaching our Rare Book and Special Collections Staff

All -

I will be presenting a short discussion at the upcoming RBMS
pre-conference in June on the theme "preservation education
for special collections librarians".  Among other speakers
speaking on the other perspectives on the same theme, I am
focussing on in-house education opportunities. (i.e. how can
special collections librarians better utilize the knowledge
of their PA or conservator, or know what to ask for in the
areas of training?  better yet, what do we wish they would
ask us?)

Although I have a personal perspective here at UIUC, I am
curious to hear from the list what sort of specialized
preservation training you may offer your rare book/special
collections/archives staff or what areas you you would like
to see more outreach and education develop.

thanks so much!

jennifer

Jennifer Hain Teper
Head, Conservation Unit