[PADG:302] Reformatting Discussion Group - ALA Midwinter 2005

ALCTS/PARS Reformatting Discussion Group
Saturday, January 15, 2-4 pm
Boston Park Plaza Hotel, Thoreau Room.

Please join us Saturday, from 2-4 pm, for the Reformatting Discussion Group. We will have two people speaking about developments in archiving digital materials, in addition to our usual time for discussion of developments in preservation reformatting.

Vicky Reich, Director of the LOCKSS program, will be giving us an update on the LOCKSS (http://lockss.stanford.edu) projects, including their recent announcement of a successful test of transparent format migration of preserved web content. Taylor Surface, Director of Digital Content Management Services for OCLC, will join us to give an update on the OCLC Digital Archive (http://www.oclc.org/digitalarchive/default.htm).

Looking forward to seeing you in Boston,
Jake

Jacob Nadal
Head, E. Lingle Craig Preservation Laboratory
Indiana University Libraries
(812) 855-6281 | mailto:jnadal@xxxxxxxxxxx