Chicago, IL 60637
t (773) 702-6027, f (773) 702-3728
pgibbons@xxxxxxxxxxxx

At 10:36 AM 1/6/2005, Charles Wilt wrote:
From: Fox, Lisa
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 10:42 AM
To: PADG Postings (E-mail)
Subject: book cradle

We're trying to find a book cradle for our trusty old Kodak MRD2
microfilm
cameras.  So far, I've learned that one source is Ottomatic
Engineering, but
they're not responding to my e-mails.  Do any of you know of other
sources?

A complicating factor is that we always film our large record books in
the
one-up position, so the cradle needs to be on "trucks" that would allow
the
camera operator to shift the entire cradle to the left and right.  I'm
envisioning something like a "platform" on ball-bearings. I bet others
have
bought (or built) such devices, so would also appreciate infomation on
where
such things can be purchased or -- if you've designed one -- perhaps
photos
or drawings, as we have a department that could probably design such a
thing.

Thanks for any help --
Lisa

Lisa L. Fox, Senior Conservator