[PADG:239] RE: Binding music distributed as loose sheets

One of our music librarians said music publishers are keeping more of their backlist music online so that they print music as single sheets (rather than stapling or sewing through the fold) to fulfill orders. Does anyone know---is this is a growing trend among music publishers?
Tyra Grant
Head, Preservation Department
Northwestern University Library
Phone: 847-491-4672