[PADG:191] Microfiche envelopes

We have microfiche stored in paper sleeves, and the adhesive from the call number label has soaked through the paper and caused damage to the microfiche.  Use of the labels has been discontinued with the call number being written on the sleeve.  A barcode still needs to be attached and the adhesive is the obvious concern.  We could of course, pencil on the barcode number.

Any suggestions for storage envelopes to use with microfiche and types of barcodes that are safe to use would be appreciated.  Would tyvek sleeves help?

Marty Hartford
Hale Library Preservation
Kansas State University
Manhattan KS   66506