Although a bit late (or perhaps more than a "bit"), i seem to recall that it was suggested at the PADG meeting that we post our DG notes to PADG.  Here is a brief summary of the Preservation Instruction, Education and Outreach DG from (yikes!) June.

Section: PARS
Discussion Group Name: Preservation Instruction, Education and Outreach Discussion Group
Meeting Date: Sunday, June 27, 2004
Meeting Time: 2:00 - 4:00 pm
Chairperson: Jennifer Hain Teper
Vice-Chair: Jacob Nadal
Approximate # of Participants: 31

Report of business:
The discussion group met and discussed two topics of interest.  The first discussion was centered on an update given by Michele Cloonan, Dean of the Simmons College GSLIS program, on a symposium recently hosted by Simmons on the future of preservation education.  Summaries of the discussion from the conference were presented and some next steps were high-lighted including 1) increasing cooperative work between existing library science programs 2) bridging communications between information science education and preservation education 3) improving vehicles with which to disseminate information on preservation education 4) compile list/bibliography of important literature in the field.  Other possible areas for change include cooperation with ALISE and updating the Pres-Ed-Ex website currently off line and archived by SOLINET.

The second discussion focused on the recently published Preservation Education Directory and some updates and broken links that need to be resolved.  Suggestions were made on how the Preservation Education Committee could improve the functionality of the on-line directory as well as some suggestions as to how to make this resource more easily accessed by the audience we are trying to reach (prospective students).  Presently, the directory is available via the ALCTS website at:
http://www.ala.org/ala/alctscontent/alctspubsbucket/webpublications/alctspreservation/preseddir/home.htm

Jennifer Hain Teper
Head, Conservation Unit
Main Library, Room 44