[PADG:78] New ALCTS Interest group - Research and Statistics

To:  Chairs of ALCTS Sections and Research Committees
CC:  former ALCTS CORS Committee members

We would be grateful if you could forward the following message to your
members, consider whether this proposal might offer the prospect of a
fruitful relationship, and contemplate sending a representative to the
meeting:

The ALCTS Research and Statistics Committee was re-cast last MidWinter as
an ALCTS Interest Group.  It will be meeting at Orlando to discuss its new
format, decide on its future, and, if appropriate, work out an agenda for
the coming year.  The group will meet at 4:30-5:30pm on Sunday June 27 at
Marriott Segura 5, and we look forward to your participation. If you are
interested but unable to attend, please feel free to contact me directly
(w.wakeling@xxxxxxx), preferably PRIOR to the meeting, so that we can
assess the overall range of interest expressed, when we come to meet. The
following draft function statement will give you a flavor of the business
envisioned for the Interest Group. Please come, and bring your thoughts and
suggestions for action:

"The ALCTS Research and Statistics Interest Group serves as a forum for
ALCTS section committees that deal with statistics and research topics to
coordinate plans for projects and programs. The Interest Group also serves
an educational function by sponsoring discussions and programs on relevant
topics.  Other educational opportunities to be considered include
developing a website and/or discussion list to help educate ALCTS members
about sound research and statistical methods."

Will Wakeling
Acting Chair, RSIG

Associate Dean, Collections and Technical Services
University Libraries
320 Snell Library
Northeastern University, Boston MA 02115
Tel 617.373.4961
Fax 617.373.5409
Email w.wakeling@xxxxxxx

--

Patricia Palmer Selinger
Head, Preservation Department

Virginia Commonwealth University Libraries
Box 842033
901 Park Avenue
Richmond, VA  23284-2033
patricia.selinger@xxxxxxx