[PADG:62] ALA Orlando: open meeting on E-resource Management

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [ALCTSLEADERS:895] ALA Orlando: open meeting on E-resource Management
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 13:46:30 -0400
From: Lauren Corbett <lcorbet@xxxxxxxxx>
To: ALCTS Division Leaders <alctsleaders@xxxxxxx>

Because of the current interest in developing standards, I wanted to broadcast this meeting announcement to ALCTS list in particular and especially because Tim Jewell and others involved in this Digital Library Federation initiative are thinking about forming an interest group within ALA-- perhaps a joint venture with ALCTS and LITA. Please excuse any duplication.
Lauren

Lauren -- the meeting I mentioned in my previous message. Please feel free
to forward as you feel appropriate.

Tim

Hello again, "Web Hub" list members and other friends:

This is to let you know that there will again be an open Friday evening
E-resource Management discussion meeting at ALA Annual:

Time:        Friday, June 25th, 7:30-9:30
Location:  Renaissance Orlando Resort, Crystal Ballroom A/B

As in the past, the purpose is to share information and discuss initiatives
in this area, including the DLF Electronic Resource Management Initiative,
as well as local and vendor development efforts. Please come and participate
in the discussion, if you can!

Agenda:

1. DLF Electronic Resource Management Initiative project final report.

The group is in the process of completing the proposed "Deliverables" and
getting them ready for publication. As part of a quick summary of the
project results, we will spend some time summarizing the XML investigation
that was conducted over the last few months and reported on at the DLF
Spring Forum ( http://www.diglib.org/forums/Spring2004/robertson0404.htm).

As in the past, the most current versions of the deliverables are posted to
the "Web Hub for E-resource Metadata":
(http://www.library.cornell.edu/cts/elicensestudy/dlfdeliverables/home.htm),
and over the next few weeks the project's steering committee expects to post
"final draft" versions of most of them there.

2. Vendor announcements and updates (This section should include some
interesting announcements.)

3. Local development news

4. Possible formation of ERM interest groups (through ALCTS and LITA) for
ongoing discussions.

Tim Jewell (tjewell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
DLF ERMI Project Coordinator
Collection Management Services