[PADG:48] [Fwd: [ALCTSLEADERS:887] ALCTS programs still needing reporters]

The ALCTS Newsletter needs reporters to attend and write about programs presented at ALA Annual for the newsletter. PARS' program, "Help! I'm Damaged and I Can't Circulate," is on Saturday afternoon and is on the list needing a reporter. Now's your chance for a byline! Please contact Miriam Palm to volunteer.

Thanks!
Patricia

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: [ALCTSLEADERS:887] ALCTS programs still needing reporters Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 13:17:04 -0700 From: Miriam Palm <Miriam.Palm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Reply-To: alctsleaders@xxxxxxx To: ALCTS Division Leaders <alctsleaders@xxxxxxx>

Dear ALCTS Leaders,

I am still looking for "reporters" for these ten Orlando events. Thanks for all your help, I have bagged a lot of folks with your assistance. Steve Dalton, maybe you can alert the event planners I need reporters as well.

*PRECONFERENCES*

Make the Most of What You've Got: Improving Access to Government Information in Your Online Catalog -- /Presented by the ALA Government Documents Roundtable (GODART); Cosponsored by ALCTS/

/*Thursday, June 24, 2004 (8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)*/**

Putting the Digital Puzzle Together: creating a digital project/ -- Presented by the ALCTS Networked Resources and Metadata Committee/

*/Friday, June 25, 2004 (8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.)/*

*PROGRAMS Saturday*

· Help! I'm Damaged and I Can't Circulate! : Repair Options for Circulating and Reference Collections -- /Presented by the ALCTS Preservation and Reformatting Section's (PARS) Book & Paper Committee; PARS Education Committee; Cosponsored by the PARS Book and Paper Committee Primary //1:30 – 3:30 pm/

     ·              Enriching Subject Access/ -- Presented by the ALCTS
     Metadata Enrichment Task Force and the ALCTS Cataloging and
     Classification Section's (CCS) Subject Analysis Committee's
     (SAC) Subcommittee on Semantic Interoperability; Cosponsored by
     the CCS SAC, LITA, RUSA/MOUSS, CCS CC:DA  1:30  – 5:30 pm/

· SALSA de Topicos=Subjects in SALSA: Spanish and Latin American Subject Access -- /Presented by the ALCTS-Cataloging and Classification Section's (CCS) Subject Analysis Committee; Cosponsored by REFORMA //1:30 – 5:30 pm///

*PROGRAMS Sunday*

· Acquisitions Technology Trends: Changing the Way We Do Business -- /Presented by the ALCTS Acquisitions Section's (AS) Technology Committee; Cosponsored by the AS Acquisitions Organization & Management Committee, //10:30 am - noon///

· Growing Our Own: Mentoring Library Science Students for Cataloging -- /Presented by the ALCTS Cataloging and Classification Section's (CCS), Education, Training & Recruitment for Cataloging Committee //1:30 – 3:30 pm///

· The Portals Puzzle -- /Presented by the ALCTS Catalog Form & Function Interest Group; Co-sponsored by the LITA Internal Portals Interest Group //1:30 – 3:30 pm/

· Open Access, Open Minds: Entering Trends in Scholarly Information -- /Presented by the ALCTS/AAP Joint Committee; Cosponsored by the ACRL Scholarly Communications 2-4 pm/

· Best Practices: Collection Management and the
Application of the New Measures for Library Assessment -- /Presented
by the ALCTS Collection Management and Development Section's (CMDS)
Quantitative Measures Committee; Cosponsored by the RUSA CODES //4:00 - 5:30 pm/

Monday is all taken care of.

Thx, Miriam
Miriam Palm
Librarian Emerita